We thank you for sharing your feedback on the project during the public exhibition of the EIS. We have made some changes to the design that was displayed in the EIS. This page outlines some of those changes, explains where to find more detail and advises how to provide us with feedback on the proposed refinements. The proposed refinements improve the design of the project and help to minimise its overall environmental impact.
What are the design refinements?
The main proposed refinements include:
- Englands Road interchange
- School bus stop on Coramba Road near Spagnolos Road
- Korora Hill interchange
- Bus interchange at Kororo Public School
Your feedback has led to a number of key changes at these locations including:
- Removing two sets of traffic signals on Englands Road and replacing them with a large roundabout
- Replacing two signalised intersections at Korora Hill interchange with a grade separated roundabout
- Relocating the Luke Bowen footbridge over the Pacific Highway to improve access to Kororo Public School and the bus interchange facility
- Replacing the existing school bus stop on Coramba Road with a new formalised facility
Other changes we have made include reducing the height of the new motorway over North Boambee Road. This lessens earthworks, the project’s footprint and grade line in this area and improves flood outcomes.
To submit your feedback on the refinements please email or write to us via the contact details on this website.